Art Director - Motion Design & Digital
Design / Freelance
New York City, NY / Nickelodeon
Posted: Oct 22, 2017
Nickelodeon Preschool in NYC is looking for a freelance, in-house Art Director to oversee brand design, art & creative for Nick Jr. The Art Director will be responsible for visually communicating the Nick Jr. brand aesthetics across the Nick Jr. channel, the Nick Jr. app, NickJr.com, & YouTube platforms.
The Art Director will work directly with the Brand Design, Creative & Animation teams to build multiplatform creative and supervise in-house designers & global creative studios, artists & illustrators. A strong understanding & aptitude for the preschool audience (ages 2-6yrs) is a must.
Nick Jr. has a large active & engaged audience across multiple platforms. Our teams work enthusiastically to develop playful, groundbreaking ideas that ignite our fans’ passion and foster long-term loyalty for our brand and IP.
Our mission at Nickelodeon is to make the world a more playful place. We are searching for a freelance Art Director to help us deliver on that mission by aiding in the execution of concepts and marketing that inspire our fans to play, engage and discover something new with us and our characters. This position is a fantastic opportunity to work with beloved IP, help develop campaigns for Nick Jr.’s most iconic brands, and explore and inspire the most exciting creative trends in entertainment & marketing today.
The freelance Art Director dual reports into the Sr. Art Director On-Air/Digital and the VP, Brand Design.
• Act as a liaison with the Brand Design, Creative & Animation teams to ensure synergy across on-air, digital and social media platforms.
• Build engaging creative & marketing promotions that promote our brand and IP
• Concept and ideate custom short form branded content animation for Digital & YouTube
• Assign projects to both the internal creative team and outside designers, illustrators & agencies
• Design, plan and produce interactive Games for the Nick Jr. app & website
• Support, mentor, inspire and elevate the design & motion graphics teams
• Identify creative partners as contributors
• Work with project, production & graphics management to ensure timely and affordable delivery of all creative
• Minimum 5-8 years experience in art direction & design for broadcast, motion & digital
• Excellent creative, conceptual & critical thinking skills
• Highly organized with excellent oral and written skills
• Ability to turn around creative excellence while working under tight deadlines
• Ability to collaborate with and inspire others
• Experience in managing creative teams in the entertainment & broadcast industry
• Thorough understanding of media production processes (digital, motion graphics, video)
• Knowledge of current preschool media trends across Broadcast, Games, Apps, & YouTube
• Excellent knowledge of design & illustration and how it relates to video & interactive
• Keen interest in youth pop culture and how it relates to the Nickelodeon Preschool brand & IP
• Excellent skills in Adobe Creative Suite; After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Must have portfolio website & reel demonstrating skills & experience in motion & digital
How To Apply
Submit resumes, reel & website URLs to Joelle.Lau@Nick.com
**Applications without a portfolio will not be considered**