Design / Mid-Level Staff
Brooklyn, NY / Frank Collective
Posted: Apr 26, 2017
Who We Are:
Frank Collective is an independently-owned bi-coastal creative branding and content company. We are headquartered in DUMBO, Brooklyn with a second office in Los Angeles.
Who We’re looking for:
Someone who has a passion for brand identity work with a keen creative eye, highly conceptual mind, and a strong understanding of strategy and communication as it relates to the clients needs. You are able to translate that brand identity work into all brand communication executions including but not limited to; web, packaging, advertising, photography and video art direction, and animation.
You look beyond the obvious creative executions and are always looking for innovative solutions for every client. Our ideal candidate will have a hybrid set of skills—an exemplary eye for design, an ability to tell a story from a variety of perspectives, and a drive to lead a project to excellence by example. We are exceptionally team-oriented and are looking for a someone who believes the best ideas are based on merit, clear strategy and astute insight.
- Create inspiring creative work for brands as well as direct and develop compelling new solutions for brand identities
- Build and present high-quality presentations of creative work that have strong rationale and strategic insights — starting from award to final production
- Develop multiple conceptual directions per assignment and work with design team to execute these to the highest level of company and brand standards
- Work closely with the ACD and Creative Director to oversee and maintain quality of creative, brand messaging, design, and production quality across all projects of
the design team alongside production team through all phases of the project
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor design team by example
- Report and take direction from company management (CEO, CCO, EP, and ACD)
- Openly collaborate with all members of the Frank team including copywriters, strategists, producers, directors, new business, and senior management
The ideal person
- Has experience creating high-impact presentations and creative work
- Is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Has an obvious passion for all things creative
- Has the ability to manage their time across multiple projects and work efficiently and effectively
- Keeps a cool head under pressure and understands the power of a positive attitude and teamwork
- Enjoys mentoring growth in junior team members pushing them to their fullest potential
- Is able to “manage up” by including key management team members at the right time, taking their feedback into
account and allowing appropriate time to respond
- Values working in a team atmosphere and recognizes that the team’s success is their success
- 4-6 years design experience in brand identity, presentation, web, advertising and typography within the industry
- Experience working within a creative team in a studio environment
- An in-depth understanding of the entire Adobe Creative Suite - inclusive of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and
- Excellent type and layout skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivation, flexibility and a high attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Position available immediately and includes a three-month trial period before official hiring.
Only qualified applicants will be considered. We will contact you to set up an interview if interested. We would love to be able to respond to every applicant, but can’t due to the high volume of applications received.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, portfolio and references.
We will only respond to applicants we are interested in interviewing. Please do not call the office.
Please do not respond to the post enquiring about other positions.
Compensation: Annual salary, plus health and vacation benefits after official hire)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Brooklyn, NY 11201