Atlanta, Georgia / Jamison Shaw Hairdressers
Posted: Aug 8, 2017
We're looking for a graphic designer to join our small but growing Beauty Business companies (a fifty-chair salon, an Academy & a hair color company). We're looking for someone talented and personable that works well under pressure and as part of our team ? it doesn't matter if you're a seasoned design veteran or trying to break into the industry for the first time.Â
We're a small but rapidly rapidly growing conglomerate, so applicants will need to be comfortable wearing a lot of different hats and working in a lot of different areas. You'll need to be able to easily switch from designing for print to designing for the screen, from working on your own to collaborating with a team, from retouching photos to building advertisements, etc. We want designers with a creative streak and a desire to innovate, but also with a laser-guided attention to detail. Most importantly, we want someone who's friendly, hard-working, and dependable.
If this sounds like you, please send a link to your website along with your resume and brief explanation of why you're the perfect candidate for this job. No experience? No problem ? students and recent graduates are welcome. Candidates local to the Atlanta metro only, please.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Organization and file management
- Typography and layout
- Experience designing for print and digital
- Working within a defined branding system and crafting cohesive identities for new projects
- Promotional materials (flyers, handouts, swag, etc.)
- Project management fundamentals (time management, vendor relations, negotiations, phone skills)
- Designing for advertisements (both print and digital)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Candidates should have a basic understanding of:
- Web design and UI/UX principles
- Email marketing campaigns
- Search Engine Optimization
- Designing for social media
- Product and packaging design
- Experience with After Effects and Premiere Pro in addition to Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience with both shooting and retouching photography
- Extensive organization and project management skills
- 1-2 years of prior experience within a corporate or agency setting
- Proficiency in front end design for web, with a focus on Wordpress
Position begins as soon as we find the ideal person. Compensation depends on experience. Full-time is ideal but part-time will be considered for the right candidate. Local candidates only please. We are not considering freelance or remote applicants at this time.
Paid vacation, insurance (health + dental) are available.
Jamison Shaw Hairdressers is an equal opportunity employer.