New York, New York / Yieldmo
Posted: Sep 8, 2017
Yieldmo is seeking an experienced UI/UX design leader to join our team of problem-solvers and inventors shaping the future of mobile media, bringing human-centered Design to the industry that powers the free internet. From creating mobile specific ad experiences to applications design, you'll partner with teams across Yieldmo to help identify problems and to execute on beautiful but practical solutions to design challenges. As a design leader at Yieldmo, you'll be expected to use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design and team building skills. Your work will be used by the world's greatest brands and agencies, and will help bring revenue to world-class publishers.
If you are someone who strongly believes in developing strategies based on insights from real people and can translate those insights into elegantly designed prototypes and products (both interactions and visuals), we want to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Manage our team of designers navigating innovative ideas, user research, quantitative performance, stakeholder and customer viewpoints to arrive at beautiful, impactful products and design systems.
- Help shape and evolve the design team's culture, and evangelize design thinking company-wide.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle by setting the vision for the user experience and working with others to iterate towards that vision.
- Facilitate brainstorms and synthesize research into deliverables that help establish an intentional point of view.
- Work with cross-functional teams. You'll collaborate with product and engineering on new product concepts or optimizations, internal and external stakeholder research synthesis, and next steps.
- Inspire what's possible by running multiple stages of prototyping. You know when to apply attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Actively participate in design critiques to give and solicit feedback, and refining to final versions.
- Communicate clearly to present your work at different stages.
- Collaborate on variation testing plans with product. Provide designs and specs for variations as appropriate.
- Maintain a high standard of exceptional design experiences, considering the execution of typography, color, composition (in responsive layouts), animation, and UX wayfinding practices.
- Generate final design spec documents for development. Work closely with engineers on delivering complete products, collaborating at multiple checkpoints along the way.
- Contribute to and help look for opportunities to create systems that empower scalable, cohesive, consistent and accessible Design deliverables.
Who You Are:
- Have at least 5 years designing cross-platform experiences at consumer-focused tech or media companies, building and shipping applications and product for both desktop and mobile.
- Have a design portfolio that features a strong command of strategic problem solving, user journey mappings, intuitive user experiences, visual and interaction design work.
- Design with conviction, and use data and user research to support your design decisions.
- Excellent communicator and ability to articulate your design approach as well as strategic opportunities for creating impact.
- Experience framing research and feedback sessions to improve design outcomes: from research planning, performing the research to debriefing individual research sessions and synthesizing findings into insightful, deliverable-driven presentations.
- Ability to own, execute and synthesize strategic outputs from design research. Â Â Â
- Be a visual thinker, constantly building and creating in order to express ideas.
- High attention to small details while having ability to think big picture about product strategy and vision.
- Excited to help build and define a design culture at Yieldmo.
Interested? apply here or email firstname.lastname@example.org