Jr Visual Designer
New York, New York / Innovation Department
Posted: Oct 5, 2017
ABOUT INNOVATION DEPARTMENT
Innovation Department is a technology studio that creates and develops Ecommerce, Media and SaaS companies. By applying technological efficiencies to human problems, we provide a differentiated approach towards growing and cultivating early stage businesses and entrepreneurs. We work with and direct our founding teams to execute on technical development, design, marketing, operations, strategy, and finance.Â
This hands-on approach enables us to enhance and propel our companies, giving us an unparalleled understanding of how to help them achieve business success. In our SoHo studio, we thrive on collaborating with our portfolio companies in a cohesive ecosystem and hub for inspiration and innovation.
We're seeking a Visual Designer who is excited to work on a variety of our in-house portfolio brands from concept to production, including digital design, product, e-commerce sites, branding, and digital campaigns. This role includes plenty of hands on experience, so it's a great opportunity for a designer looking to further develop their skillset.
- Produce creative assets for marketing promotions and campaigns for our brands and partners.
- Create innovative, intuitive visual, product and marketing collateral designs combining brand and design guidelines.Â
- Consider brand elements and business strategy in design and development of all deliverables.
- Design with great attention to the right details, and with a strong understanding of web development and the ability to design across all devices and screen sizes.Â
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment.
- 1+ year of web design experience.Â
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.Â
- Proficiency in designing user interfaces for the web, mobile, and other connected devices. Must have experience in responsive design.Â
- Demonstrate strong design process from ideation to finished product.Â
- A visual portfolio demonstrating great potential.Â
- Strong visual and user-focused design skills, with an eye for detail, color, and typography.Â
- Demonstrated proficiency in look and feel creation, delivering comps, font and color selection, and logo design.Â
- Experience with animation, illustration, and icon design a plus.Â
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB
We're a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done, and having fun. Not many jobs offer such a wide range of exposure to different businesses and business functions. We look at a huge range of businesses and work closely with a select group to help them grow. As a result, we provide an outstanding training ground for both aspiring investors and entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.Â
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.Â
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.Â
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.Â
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.Â
- You'll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.Â
- A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a monthly book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.