Inclusion and Diversity Program Manager
Account Services / Mid-Level Staff
New York, NY / The One Club
Posted: Nov 23, 2016
The Inclusion & Diversity Program Manager partners closely with the Director of Inclusion & Diversity to position, design, and deliver Inclusion & Diversity (ONE ID) programs to drive value to The One Club’s initiative, globally. This is an opportunity to join a newly created function and leverage your experience and expertise to drive a best-in-class I&D function.
The goal of the ONE ID department is to create and increase hiring opportunities for talent of diverse backgrounds within the advertising and design industries. The ONE ID programs are positioned to facilitate the recruitment of diverse candidates, to bridge the gap between them and the best companies that share our organization’s diversity goals.
Management of all D&I strategic planning and initiatives designed to attract, retain, develop and grow a diverse talent community, foster inclusive leadership and eliminate barriers to success.
• Plan, organize, and implement various diversity outreach efforts and strategies
• Develop and deliver content for diversity and inclusion education programs that will drive culture change.
• Develop, monitor and maintain budgets
• Create monthly expense reports for the Diversity department
• Hire, train and educate support staff on ONE-ID event procedures.
• Drive attendance to ONE-ID events
• Work with the Marcom & PR departments to promote ONE ID events to the industry, press and participants.
• Use internal and external communications to build awareness and share results and business impact of ONE ID programs.
• Reach out to community for volunteers and support.
• Manage registration of participants and mentors.
• Generate correspondence and communicate with program participants
• Monitor the effectiveness and results of the programs and plan adjustments
• Create post-event surveys, analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentation
• Write blog posts regarding program success stories and develop content for social media
• Work with Video department to capture and create content at ONE ID events.
• Work with IT team to update and maintain ONE ID program information and ID TALENT section in The One Club’s CMS
• Maintain and update the College and Agency contacts database.
• Research external partnerships that will be beneficial to our programs
Creative Boot Camps (CBCs)
• Plan and execute Creative Boot Camps in prime regions.
• Secure funding/sponsorship to underwrite Creative Boot Camps
• Recruit mentors and mentees
• Send electronic files of the CBC presentations to the agency
• Manage support staff
• Keep track of stock, order and coordinate shipping of all materials needed
• Travel to key cities where we host Creative Boot Camps
Here Are All The Black People (HAATBP) event
• Plan and execute annual event in New York
• Seek funding/sponsorship to underwrite event
• Recruit portfolio reviewers, speakers and attendees
• Book venues and negotiate fees
• A Bachelor’s degree
• Five or more years of experience in global D&I programs
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated Project management experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to act independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated skills and capabilities to collaborate with all levels of leadership including executives
• Strong computer skills, including strong knowledge of Excel
• Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time and work flexible hours, including occasional nights and weekends.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to be highly collaborative and influence and manage both within and across teams.
• Excellent judgment and positive attitude.
• Proactive and creative with outstanding problem solving, decision making and analytical skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume via email to Traecy Smith. Incomplete applications will not be considered.< View all Listings