Senior Art Director
Design / Senior Staff
Boulder, CO / Mondo Robot
Posted: Nov 2, 2017
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Mondo Robot is a multidisciplinary team of digital artisans that bring together passion, collaboration, and creativity to create high-concept digital solutions that are innovative, engaging, and results-driven. We rock websites, games, strategy, bikes, motion, tequila, video, code, logos, tacos, mobile, music, new identities, IPA’s and sweet Colorado pow. Not to mention, we’re a hell of a lot of fun to work with.
Senior Art Directors at Mondo Robot are responsible for creating visually innovative work. They set the bar for design on everything from fully-responsive websites, mobile apps, AR/VR to DOOH and product design. They oversee multiple projects from conception to executive, collaborate with cross-functional teams, and ensure that deliverables satisfy the client’s goals and objectives. This role is a mixture of hands-on work and leadership. Senior Art Directors will inspire and mentor more junior members of the Creative Department.
• Collaborate with various disciplines to solve problems through stunning design
• Receive creative direction and design feedback fluidly and without trepidation
• Voice your opinion on style and aesthetic, while defending design decisions
• Effectively present ideas and design rationale to internal teams and clients
• Conceptualize the big picture, but pay serious attention to detail
• Create and manage assets, typography, logos and icons for multiple platforms
• Work may include photo manipulation, custom illustration, typography and lettering
• Participate as a leader on any given project or team
• Own multiple projects while meeting deadlines and maintaining organization
• Ability to succeed in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment
• Accurately estimate and track time
• Maintain a keen eye on the design industry and technology
• Provide a strong voice in ideation sessions
• Help to mentor and grow junior designers
• 5-7 years of design experience
• Beautiful portfolio of compelling digital work
• Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch etc.
• Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
• Knowledge of how to create responsive design systems
• Strong understanding of grid, layout, typography and color
• A conceptual mind
• Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback
• Skill with prototyping tools (InVision, XD, etc.)
• Skill with Keynote and Powerpoint
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Skill with motion (After Effects, Animate) and 3D (Cinema 4D)
What we offer:
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Medical & Dental insurance
• Retirement Plan
• Paid Vacation
• Wellness Benefit
• Relocation assistance
• A great collaborative team interested in growing with you
• Opportunities to make a real difference with a variety of non-profit and for-profit Clients
• RTD EcoPass
• Mondo Robot is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
How To Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com with a link to your portfolio or GitHub if applicable.
*To be considered for this role, please include your portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.