Avalere is a strategic advisory com pany whose core purpose is to create innovative solutions to complex healthcare problems. Based in Washington, D.C., the firm delivers actionable insights, business intelligence tools, and custom analytics for leaders in healthcare business and policy. Avalere's experts span approximately 230 staff drawn from Fortune 500 healthcare companies, the federal government (e.g., CMS, OMB, CBO, and the Congress), top consultancies, and nonprofits. The firm offers deep substance on the full range of healthcare business issues affecting the Fortune 500 healthcare companies. As an Inovalon company (Nasdaq: INOV), Avalere's focus on strategy is supported by outstanding data analytics that generate unique insights and meaningful business improvement. Through events, publications, and interactive programs, Avalere insights are accessible to a broad range of customers. For more information, please visit avalere.com, or follow us on Twitter @avalerehealth.
Avalere is seeking a highly creative Presentation Designer to produce effective and engaging presentations across multiple channels: web enabled technology, PowerPoint, white papers, posters, and social media. The Designer will be skilled at distilling complex content into compelling visuals. As part of our marketing team, the Presentation Designer will work closely with our most senior designer to apply our brand to the various channels. We are looking for someone who is upbeat, solutions-oriented, and a team player. This individual will keep up with the evolution of presentation design, introduce fresh and innovative approaches, and have a passion for attention to detail.
This position demands strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will need to be comfortable working closely with all levels of staff ? product, sales, marketing and communications teams ? as well as our executives preparing for high level speeches. Avalere is a fast-paced environment, and the ability to work on tight deadlines and multiple projects is key.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Avalere Brand Team to understand and apply brand standards to all marketing, sales, and public facing client deliverables.
- On a weekly basis, review and update all public facing client deliverables to ensure brand and design standards. Work with staff to solve creative problems. Display content effectively, and with impact.
- Collaborate with content specialists to translate information into visuals for presentations. This could include: PowerPoint, posters, and social media. Distill complex concepts into clear and compelling visuals across media used by staff including PowerPoint and Word templates.
- Review and visually elevate all Avalere webinar and conference presentation materials including all surrounding collateral ? digital and print.
- Introduce creative, new visual ways to translate complex content into engaging presentations; e.g. infographics and other data visualization techniques.
- Lead annual PowerPoint training for staff; work with agency partner as needed to update Avalere PowerPoint templates to address user challenges, and create training materials and user guides to represent the latest PowerPoint guidance for staff.
- Collaborate with staff to create, innovate, and edit presentations for All Staff Meetings, Avalere Annual Advance staff meeting, and other internal meeting presentations.
- Manage and maintain all libraries and archives related to the guides, templates, icons, and creative assets for all firm presentations.
- Provide support for marketing team on Avalere website management to ensure consistent application of brand across all brand platforms.
- Research, manage, and maintain relationships with production partners. Serve as quality control for all materials produced.
- Manage outside design support as needed to ensure up-to-date templates and guides (including externally facing emails, newsletters etc.).
- Collaborate with senior designer to support Avalere's Marketing team and design sales collateral for maximum impact.
- Interface with Human Resources and Corporate Services to ensure that all Corporate Identity materials are on brand and consistently high quality.
Skills, Experience, and Other Job Related Requirements:
- 5 to 8 years of presentation design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design or a related field is preferred
- Advanced expertise in Adobe Suite products
- Expertise in creating Microsoft Word and Excel templates
- Advanced expertise knowledge in Microsoft PowerPoint, including animation, charts, builds, and graphs
- Professional demeanor with high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end presentation design skills (i.e. animation, builds, dynamic charts and diagrams) and clean design aesthetic
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted through the Careers section of our website at www.avalere.com/careers. Please submit copies of the following application materials:
- Cover letter
- Samples of creative work/creative portfolio
Candidates should be prepared for an interview exercise that aligns with the requirements of the position as a part of the in person interview process.
Avalere Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.