Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the leader in global entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories. For more than 30 years Discovery has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and through the Discovery Digital Networks portfolio, including TestTube, Seeker and SourceFed. Discovery owns Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Art Director to be located in our Silver Spring, Maryland headquarters.
The Agency is Discovery Communications' In-house multi award winning global advertising, marketing and strategy agency. Overseeing a media spend of $100 m per year our work is seen across the globe in some of the leading publications and broadcasters. We pride ourselves on creating a risk encouraged atmosphere that protects the individual and pushes the work to be the best it can.
The Art Director role requires a conceptual advertising and branding expert with strong design, leadership and client skills to work across our platform of global networks and brands. We're looking for the new breed of creative ? proficient in multiple mediums ? from TV to digital, with an insatiable desire to discover new modes of storytelling.
Must have a solid grounding in design and art direction and relish working as part of a team with Writers, Designers, TV production, Art Directors, and Account Service. Will play an integral role supporting the CD in stewarding creative from concept to design through production. Must be very hands-on, produce world-class strategic creative that can compete against rival marketing, advertising and media.
Ability to inspire confidence and trust in clients is critical. Must thrive on pitching and selling ideas. A passion for great creative with knowledge of latest technologies and the evolving world of visual storytelling is essential.
1. Lead brainstorms, concept, comp and present innovative integrated campaigns that garner buy-in from peers and clients while netting measureable results
2. Execute and assist in overseeing advertising, marketing and general creative for numerous clients on any of the Discovery Communications' portfolio of brands
3. Have in-depth knowledge of print, on-air, photography, online, out-of-home, social and ambient campaign creative and production development
4. Aid in mentoring designers, giving clear direction and feedback
5. Partner and collaborate with account service team to understand our clients' business and marketing needs
6. Must be a team player, able to work within budgets and tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
7. Creative evolution ? stay up to date with branding and advertising in all mediums
* 6 - 8 years agency/advertising/design experience in related fields of study listed above
* 360 degree creative experience including TV and print, strong emphasis on digital
* On-set experience ? directing or assisting shoots for print and/or TV
* Strong design sensibility ? mastery of design software applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); animation and motion graphics capabilities a plus
* Well-versed in digital design/UI experience/web design (programming background a plus)
* Experience managing outside vendors (retouchers, artists, photographers)
* Bachelor's degree or trade school degree in advertising, design or art
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/rmh77nz87p