The University of Louisville Athletic Association (ULAA) is seeking experienced applicants for the position of Senior Graphic Designer within the marketing department. This position will lead the design department and create best-in-class work for the individual sports, and the athletic department as a whole. The ideal candidate thrives in an exciting, fast-paced environment with a premium focus on strong design and quick-turnaround, and fully understands the various stages of creative design development and production to ensure on-time and accurate delivery.
This self-motivated, talented individual will possess prior experience in an agency or in-house creative department to good work. The Senior Graphic Designer is not only a creative thought-leader but also a personable, service-oriented, solution-based thinker working within a team setting. Working with the Creative Workflow Manager (i.e., Traffic) the Lead Graphic Designer will help with project assignments and lead creative collaboration to ensure best output.
The position will also be responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of ULAA, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, ACC and NCAA.
- Lead the design team in generating compelling ideas quickly and iterate based on rapidly-changing information
- Lead creative campaign development and ideation
- Communicate directly with clients and account managers on deliverables, feedback, presentations and pitches
- Provide direction and support to other graphic designers in a friendly, conversational fashion, contributing creatively and culturally to a team-oriented atmosphere
- Develop and execute creative concepts for digital and print-oriented materials including but not limited to: motion or digital graphics, social media, in-game elements, facility signage/graphics, advertising, etc.
- Creatively own the overall project from strategic conception to final delivery
- Serve as creative team liaison to the account team on recommendations regarding creative resources, outsourcing, workflow, processes and other opportunities to improve efficiency and quality
- Work with area vendors (e.g., printers) to ensure quality production in the finished product
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- Six (6) years of related work experience in marketing, advertising or communications. Proven skill and education in art direction, typography, layout, composition, digital interface creation and information design
- Exceptional design and media software skills; proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and PowerPoint
- Experience working well with multiple external and internal clients, collating direction from multiple stakeholders and providing sound design counsel within short deadlines in a professional manner
- Exemplary organizational skills, detail-oriented and results-driven
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Required work sample: Include a portfolio link that includes samples of previous work such as, but not limited to: environmental/interior graphics, print ads, outdoor boards, brochures and other branded collateral, digital work, etc.
- Previous design experience in the sports-industry (professional or college)
- Knowledge of video production, HTML and CSS
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at employ.edu or 502.852.6258.
Benefits Information: http://louisville.edu/hr/gptw/benefits