July 27, 2011
TOP 10 BEER COMMERCIALS ANNOUNCED
Consumers voted for their favorite beer commercials from
the past 15 years of One Show winners.
NEW YORK, NY (July 27, 2011) – The One Club announced the Top 10 beer commercials from the past 15 years of the One Show last night. Winners were chosen by viewers from a list of 32 Pencil and Merit winners on The One Club website.
The top spot went to “Big Ad” for Carlton Draught by George Patterson Y&R in Melbourne, Australia. The ad won a Gold Pencil at the 2006 One Show and is one of the most celebrated commercials in the world.
In second place was the iconic “Wassup?” commercial for Budweiser from DDB Chicago, which also won a Gold Pencil in 2000. The spot, which first appeared late in 1999, became a cultural phenomenon and sparked a number of follow-up commercials for the brand.
The Top 10 are as follows:
- “Big Ad” for Carlton Draught – George Patterson Y&R/Melbourne (2006)
- “Wassup?” for Budweiser – DDB/Chicago (2000)
- “Noitulove” for Guinness – AMV BBDO/London (2006)
- “Pure Waters” for Lion Nathan – Publicis Mojo/Millers Point (2010)
- “Surfers” for Guinness – AMV BBDO/London (2000)
- “Dude” for Bud Light – DDB/Chicago (2008)
- “Rollerblading” for Dos Equis – Euro RSCG/New York (2009)
- “Jai Alai” for Dos Equis – Euro RSCG/New York (2010)
- “Tiger – Taste in this Life” for DB Brewery – Saatchi & Saatchi/Auckland (2007)
- “Mr. Really, Really, Really Bad Dancer” for Bud Light – DDB/Chicago (2004)
The Top Beer Commercials feature attracted over 17,000 views online over the course of a month on The One Club website. The spots are available for viewing at www.oneclub.org.