January 11, 2008
~ Will McGinness of Goodby, Silverstein & Partners named as Jury Chairman ~
New York (January 09, 2008) – Twenty-eight of the top creative directors in the field of interactive advertising have been chosen to judge the One Show Interactive
awards, the industry’s most prestigious awards competition celebrating the year’s best in digital media and web design
"Now in its eleventh year, One Show Interactive
is evidence of The One Club's long standing dedication to recognizing good creative work within digital media and web design," explained Kevin Swanepoel, President of The One Club. "It has become the most coveted award for interactive advertising globally. This year’s jury, which reads like a Who’s Who of the interactive advertising industry, is the finest we have ever brought together."
The jury, hailing from 10 countries, will meet in New York to choose the winners of the coveted 2008 One Show Interactive
awards from March 24-27. Winners will be announced on May 9 at an awards ceremony held during the One Show Festival
at the Nokia Theater in New York City.
"I'm looking forward to a week of spirited discussion as we gather for what is arguably the most exciting interactive award show in the industry," said Will McGinness, Jury Chairman and Executive Creative Director at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco. "The interactive category has really begun to mature in recent years. With the boundaries continuing to expand and blur, I expect that we'll see a breadth of work that'll take the term "interactive" to a new level in 2008."
Judges for this year's One Show Interactive competition are:
- Jury Chairman: Will McGinness, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (San Francisco, U.S.A.)
- Mauricio Alarcon, Crispin Porter + Bogusky (Miami, U.S.A.)
- Mathias Appelblad, Forsman & Bodenfors (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Sam Ball, Lean Mean Fighting Machine (London, UK)
- Laura Jordan Bambach, Glue (London, UK)
- Lars Bastholm, AKQA (New York, UK)
- Nicke Bergstrom, Farfar (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Jorge Calleja, Wieden + Kennedy (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Xavi Caparros, DoubleYou (Barcelona, Spain)
- Pete Case, Gloo Digital (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Mark Chalmers, (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
- Hillman Curtis, Hillman Curtis (New York, U.S.A.)
- Dirk Eschenbacher, Tribal DDB, Asia Pacific (Shanghai, China)
- Bjorn Hoglund, Daddy (Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Rei Inamoto, AKQA (San Francisco, U.S.A.)
- Kris Kiger, R/GA (New York, U.S.A.)
- Sean Lam, Kinetic (Singapore)
- Alessandra Lariu, Agency Republic (London, UK)
- Michael Lebowitz, Big Spaceship (New York, U.S.A.)
- David Lee, Wieden + Kennedy (London, UK)
- Sophia Lindholm, Forsman & Bodenfors (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Mauricio Mazzariol, Big Man (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Enric Nel-lo, Shackleton Digital (Barcelona, Spain)
- Benjamin Palmer, The Barbarian Group (Boston, U.S.A.)
- Fabio Simoes Pinto, F/Nazca Saatchi & Saatchi (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Matt Powell, Profero (London, UK)
- Nicke Roope, Poke, (London, UK)
- Koichiro Tanaka, Projector (Tokyo, Japan)
Prospective entrants are asked to log on to www.enteroneshow.org to enter One Show Interactive. The deadline for entries is January 31, 2008.
For additional information, please visit The One Club Web site at www.oneclub.org. For press information, call Diane Stefani or Rachel Konik at 212.255.8455.