April 13, 2008
Industry Leaders Selected to Judge Year's Most Innovative Design Communications
NEW YORK (January 16, 2008)
– Eleven of the world's top designers have been chosen to judge the One Show Design
awards, the industry's most prestigious international awards competition honoring the year's best in advertising design, corporate identity, environmental design, publication design, direct mail and package design.
"Due to the increasing number of entries received from around the world and the growing emphasis placed upon good design in the consumer marketplace, last year marked the first time design was given its own separate event," said Mary Warlick, CEO of The One Club. "One Show Design
honors only the very best in design, so naturally, we only invite the very best designers to judge the work."
The jury, hailing from 7 countries, will meet in New York to choose the winners of the coveted 2008 One Show Design
awards from March 24-27. Winners will be announced on May 6 at an awards ceremony held during the One Show Festival at the Chelsea Art Museum in New York City.
Judges for this year's One Show Design
- Marian Bantjes, Quatrifolio (Bowen Island, Canada)
- Jenny Ehlers, King James (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Vince Frost, Frost Design (Sydney, Australia)
- Keiko Hirano, Communication Design Laboratory (Tokyo, Japan)
- John Jay, Wieden + Kennedy (Portland)
- Diti Katona, Concrete Design (Toronto, Canada)
- Clement Mok (San Francisco)
- Emily Oberman, Number 17 (New York)
- Alvaro Rego, Mumedi (Mexico)
- Laurie Rosenwald, Freelance (New York)
- David Turner, Turner Duckworth (San Francisco and London, UK)
Top honors at last year's awards went to Apple Computer, Gnarls Barkley, Pearl Jam, BBDO and Saatchi & Saatchi.
Prospective entrants are asked to log on to www.enteroneshow.org to enter One Show Design. The deadline for entries is January 31, 2008.
For additional information, please visit The One Club Web site at www.oneclub.org. For press information, call Diane Stefani or Meredith Turner at 212.255.8455.