Joe Staluppi is the FIT Advertising Design Curriculum Chair and the Faculty Advisor of AD@FIT, an FIT Student Club which has been a One Club Student Chapter since 2009 and connects the FIT Advertising Design students to the Advertising Industry.
The Advertising Design Program at FIT is the Integration of Art, Copy and Technology.
Students who have completed the two-year Communication Design Foundation AAS program may apply to this two-year Advertising Design Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program.
The Advertising Design Program is designed to teach students to work in the new creative partnership in advertising that integrates art, copy, and technology to communicate a message that gets the consumer’s attention so that they react, respond, join in and ultimately do something.
In this program, students work in teams to generate ideas for multiple media such as print, billboards, interactive, TV and creative content like online films, video games, live events, ambient media, web platforms, books, or a media that they invent.
You’ll gain skills in concept development, strategy planning, art direction, design, copywriting, and creative technology along with a strong liberal arts education. The program concludes with a senior project that is juried by advertising professionals and faculty for exhibition. You’ll graduate prepared to work in the new creative partnership of art director, writer and the creative technologist.
• New York City—the advertising and design capital of the world—is home to more than 4,000 agencies.
• You’ll be connected to the in the industry through field trips, internships, and faculty with successful careers in advertising.
• Students have won awards in the One Show “Young Ones,” the Art Directors Club, the D&AD student competition, and the Lürzer's Archive Students Contest in recent years.
• The One Club student chapter and the Art Director’s Club provide access to events, lectures, awards shows, and networking opportunities with leading professionals.
In this program, you’ll:
• Gain experience through an internship at a major agency, such as BBDO, Deutsch, DDB, Draft FCB, Grey, and Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, Rosetta, Saatchi & Saatchi, and Y&R.
• Prepare a portfolio of integrated adverting campaigns that includes print, TV, digital and non tradition media to showcase your strengths to potential employers.
FIT enjoys international recognition for the quality of its programs and the caliber of its graduates. At FIT, you're connected through a faculty of industry professionals and through extensive networking opportunities. As a result, FIT graduates have a higher than average job placement following graduation.
Recent graduates of the Advertising Design BFA program are working as art directors, writers, creative technologists, and strategy planners at some of the biggest advertising, digital, and design agencies in the world, including BBDO, Big Fuel, DDB, Deutsch, Draft FCB, Havas, Grey, JWT, Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners, McGarry Bowen, McCann, Mullin, Ogilvy & Mather, Publicis Kaplan Thaler, Rosetta, Saatchi & Saatchi, and Y&R.
Here's a portfolio of my FIT Advertising Design student's work.