FUN CLOTHING / RAD
Submitted By Sarah Tamani
RAD is an online brand specialized in hype clothing. Our collaboration started a few years ago when they asked me to create a collection after they liked my illustration "Everyday is like Yetta". Since then, I propose them each month different ideas, drawings, and punchlines in order to create a complete collection (t-shirts, jackets, caps... ). The strange relationship we have with social networks, new technologies and pop culture inspire me the most. This is why my work is full of play words, double meanings, and twisted references. I think it expresses this form of schizophrenia peculiar to my generation, who was born with the Internet and spends its time on it and yet complains all the time about it!
RAD is a very successful, accessible and hype online brand, intended to Millenials all around the world: US, France, Germany, UK, Belgium, Austria. My objectives consist thus in:
- Identifying (new) trends, especially in the streets and concerning our target (Millenials).
- Fitting the calendar and the events that rhythm the year.
- Proposing creations adapted to the different supports: Good coffee written on a mug...
- Keeping my style real and coherent: handmade and digital drawings, handwritten punchlines with a cynical twist.
- Spotting buzz (a new TV show, a legend one, a new album of a singer, a politician scandal...).
As an online brand, RAD proposes new products everyday. This is why I have to :
- draw everyday in order to be able to propose a collection every month.
- stay connected, because in order to see what the audience likes and what inspires her.
Fashion & Clothing