2020 Paper Fashion Show Call For Designers
DateCLOSES FEB 1
About the Event
Sign up today to design a haute couture paper fashion for the 2020 Paper Fashion Show!
The Paper Fashion Show shines light on Denver talent and features haute couture fashions made entirely from paper that are showcased on the grand runway and judged by an esteemed panel of top Denver-area designers and celebrities. The runway show is on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at The Fillmore Auditorium.
NOTE: Tickets to attend the show will go on sale January 2020 at paperfashionshow.com. This event registration is to sign up to design a fashion.
2020 Theme: “CHIAROSCURO”
By definition, it is bold contrasts of light and dark that builds a composition. Opposites working in harmony to create something the other couldn’t do alone. One cannot be defined without the other, but it is more than one being the absence of the other. It is conflict and it is balance. It is creation and it is nothingness. It is ignorance and it is knowledge. It is discovery and it is mystery. It is fear and it is safety. Where will you find yourself, in the light or in the dark?
Designers, your challenge is to develop half of the composition, find your light or embrace your darkness. Teams will register to design for the light or design for the dark. Once you’ve chosen your aspect, how will you define it? How will you blend haute couture fashion with fantasy and imagination to bring out the light or to embrace the dark? Together with the other designers we will create CHIAROSCURO.
How It Works
Each team designs one (1) unique fashion to be presented on the runway. Designs may be for men or women and are not limited to dresses. Paper is provided by Spicers Paper and the paper mills they represent at no charge and can be written on, printed on, painted on, dyed, manipulated, etc. Binding techniques such as sewing, glue, tape, and wire are allowed. Teams may use their own model or you may use one of our professional models for free (highly suggested). Fashions must abide by the 90% paper rule to be eligible for competition. A panel of judges will judge each fashion and category winners will be recognized with individual recognition, followed by trophies also constructed of paper. Design teams will be provided with guidelines and judging criteria.
Included in the team registration is:
- Two tickets to the show, held April 30th, 2020 at the Fillmore Auditorium, in the reserved Design Team area with private bar and backstage access (additional team members will need to purchase tickets when ticket sales open)
- High quality paper of your choice from Spicers Papers and the mills they carry
- Complimentary professional model (or you may provide your own)
- Complimentary hair and make up for your model
- Professional photograph of your fashion
- Access to private forum with other design teams that includes: important information and deadlines plus tips and tricks from past designers. Teams can post questions for other designers as well as the Paper Fashion Show team.
More information about The Paper Fashion Show can be found at paperfashionshow.com