How To Negotiate During A Pandemic Workshop
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
This year Equal Pay Day falls on March 24, 2021. This date symbolizes how far into the year women must work to earn what men earned in the previous year. On average, women are paid 82 cents for every dollar paid to a man. People of color and specifically, women of color face an even wider-than-average gap and need to work even longer to catch up to men’s earnings (August 3rd for Black women, September 8th for Native American women and October 21st for Latina women). The pandemic and the resulting SHE-cession has made that gender pay gap even more difficult to close.
The One Club for Creativity is partnering with SheSays NY to help close that gap, with a virtual workshop focusing on not only helping women and non-binary individuals get paid what they're worth, but insights into successful salary negotiation for all attendees. Our top industry mentors will lead small group sessions to give their tips and advice on how to best navigate negotiating salary and closing the deal in the middle of a global pandemic.
To conclude the workshop, career coach and Ladies Get Paid founder Claire Wasserman will offer her own strategies to give participants a final boost for a successful salary negotiation and a preview of her new book Get Paid What You Deserve.
- Angela Pitts - Senior HR Talent Manager at Havas Atlanta
- Erica Riggs - Chief Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Officer at Omnicom
- Eve Bates - Independent Recruiter / SheSays Board Member
- James Kinney - Global Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer and North American Chief People Officer at Ogilvy
- Jason Moses - Group Creative Director
- Karen Crane - Talent Consultant
- Melody Benjamin - Senior Creative Recruiter at Huge, Inc
- Nadya Karastoyanova - Career Growth, Professional Development & Leadership Coach
- Sally Coonan - Recruiter / Talent Consultant
- Whitney Radia and Patricia Brennan - Founders / Co-CEOs at Misfit Talent
DATE: March 24, 2021
TIME: 12:00 pm ET
WHERE: Zoom (you will receive a link once you register)
MEMBERS: Free (members please use your email as the "promo code")
**As a non-profit organization, your ticket purchase allows us to continue to bring programming to the advertising and design community. Proceeds will directly support Gender Equality programming at The One Club for Creativity.**
Interested in sponsoring future events? Please contact Gender Equality Program Manager, Kasia Karolak at email@example.com