Expanded Creative Week New York 2012 Features Advertising, Entertainment, Fashion, Innovation & Technology As Manhattan & Brooklyn Take Center Stage May 7-11
The One Club
Apr 30, 2012
NEW YORK, NY (April 30, 2012) – The One Club’s 4th annual Creative Week returns May 7-11 to New York City, featuring an expansive roster and the leading creative awards—One Show Design, One Show and One Show Interactive—an all-new Thought Leadership series with hubs at DUMBO’s Galapagos Art Space and SOHO’s City Winery, the return of the acclaimed Creative unConference and an evening blowout in DUMBO @ St. Ann’s Warehouse, the Art Directors Club ceremony & many more original day-time and evening programs. The full schedule of events with detailed information including how-to-attend is available at www.creativeweek.com and by downloading the Creative Week app for both iPhone and Android.
Highlights of Creative Week 2012’s all-new Thought Leadership Seminar program include:
- Adobe’s “Da Vinci Breakfast” featuring Pepsi’s Brad Jakeman and Facebook’s Mark D’Arcy in partnership with the Ad Club
- Author, Author featuring Allison Arden, author of “The Book of Doing”, Baratunde Thurston, author of “How To Be Black”, Scott Goodson, Author of “Uprising”, Paul Lavoie, author of :doubt” and moderator MaryLee Sachs, author of “The Changing MO of the CMO”
- BuzzFeed’s “Social’s New Starting Point” Seminar featuring Jonah Peretti
- Creative Week One-on-One with Morgan Spurlock
- Fashion takes center stage with three (3) Seminars produced by Moving Image & Content
- Google’s “Agile Creativity” Seminar featuring Google Managing Director, Torrence Boone
- Jim Henson’s Creature Shop presents “A Legacy for Character Creation for TV and Film”
- Leadership Seminars by NYU’s Stern School of Business & Columbia’s Graduate School of Business
- Microsoft’s CEO Roundtable featuring Co: founder Rosemarie Ryan, kbs+p CEO Lori Senecal, Deutsch’s Val DiFebo
- Playbill’s “Success on Broadway, the Un-Broadway Way” featuring Tony and Grammy winning composer and star of In The Heights, Luis Miguel Miranda and Andrew Lippa, Tony and Grammy nominated composer of The Addams Family, The Wild Party, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown and Aaron Sorkin’s The Farnsworth Invention
- R/GA’s “Taking Hollywood out of Production: Storytelling in the Digital Age” featuring Creative SVP Vin Farrell and VP Taras Wayner
- TAXI’s “Make No Your Bitch” Seminar featuring CCO Steve Mykolyn and ECD Dave Clemans
- The Ad Club’s “Creative Renegades” featuring Co: founder Ty Montague, Socialistic CEO/Founder Colleen Decourcy; Barton F. Graf founder, Gerry Graf and CAA Creative Director, Jae Goodman
- The New Yorker presents a special Seminar with Cartoon Bank founder, Bob Mankoff
- The Future of Storytelling featuring Emmy Award winning television writer & producer James Manos, Jr. (Dexter, The Shield & The Sopranos) and Andy Breckman, Co-Creator, Executive Producer and writer of “Monk”
- Tribeca’s “Disruptive Innovation” featuring Film Festival co-founder Craig Hatkoff
- The World Premier of “Art & Corny” a short film produced by Cannes Palme d’Or award winning film maker, Cornelius Trunchpole, who is expected to make a rare live appearance
“This year’s Creative Week is bigger and better than ever, with five days and nights filled with unique events that promise to evoke, honor, inspire and celebrate creativity in all its forms, ” said Kevin Swanepoel, who conceived Creative Week in 2009 and serves as The One Club President and interim CEO.
All new this year is the world premiere of GE’s “Throttle Up” live interactive hologram experience which takes people inside the engine of a Boeing Dreamliner in DUMBO @ 56 Water Street. Also all-new is a special opening reception at the AIGA Gallery hosted by Adobe; a grand celebration of creativity in DUMBO @ St. Ann’s Warehouse presented by HUGE in partnership with Digital DUMBO and the DUMBO Business Improvement District; and a special evening at the Upright Citizens Brigade on Manhattan’s Alphabet City.
The highly anticipated Creative unConference returns with another fast-paced, free form all day discussion on Thursday May 10th to answer the creative prompt “What I Learned From….” No hype. No BS. Just smart people talking and sharing ideas that might one day help to change the world. Anyone can lead a discussion and the daylong sessions evolve from the expertise and passions of the participants.
Creative Week also continues its focus on the next generation of creatives with the following:
- One Show’s Young Ones Pitch Competition, where the 10 finalist teams selected compete for top honors presenting their PETA and Stride Gum sponsor multimedia pitches
- Education Summit, an open forum setting in which advertising’s top professionals and educators in the field get together to discuss the current state of the industry, recent and future trends, and best practices for the 21st century
- Young Ones Portfolio Review, providing college/university students interested in pursuing careers in advertising and design with an opportunity to have their portfolios reviewed by leading creative directors
“Creative Week 2012 draws upon the very best of New York City as a global creative epicenter and is a first step forward towards establishing Creative Week as the world’s # 1 annual gathering of creative ground breakers, innovators and leaders,” said Matt Scheckner, President & CEO of Stillwell Partners which has joined forces with The One Club to expand Creative Week.