The One Club and The 3% Movement Announce Global Jury For Next Creative Leaders 2020
The One Club
Jun 29, 2020
Next Creative Leaders (NCL) is a portfolio competition that identifies, celebrates and gives a global platform to talented women and non-binary creatives who are making their mark on the world with both their work and a unique point of view on creative leadership that’s changing the industry for the better.
To make Next Creative Leaders as open and accessible as possible, there is no fee to enter the competition. Entries highlighting a candidate’s creativity, leadership and unique point of view must be submitted by the July 31, 2020 deadline.
The global jury of 88 creatives includes:
- Emuron Alemu, Group CD, Africa, Ogilvy Africa, Nairobi
- Brynna Aylward, CD, GUT Miami
- Chris Bergeron, VP Strategy, Cossette, Montreal
- Alice Chou, CCO, Dentsu Taiwan, Taipei
- Vida Cornelious, CCO, Fake Love - A New York Times Company, New York
- Joey David-Tiempo, Founder/Chief Creative, Octopus & Whale, Manila
- Caroline Dettman, Founder, Have Her Back, Chicago
- Aricio Fortes, CCO, BBDO China, Shanghai
- Suhana Gordhan, ECD, FCB Johannesburg
- Elisha Greenwell, Managing Director, Brand Citizens, Oakland
- Jayanta Jenkins, Global ECD, Samsung, Los Angeles
- Bridget Jung, CCO, Ogilvy PR Australia, Sydney
- Mira Kaddoura, Founder/ECD, Red & Co, Portland
- Sulaiman Khan, Founder/Chief Purpose Officer, This Ability, London
- Winter Mendelson, Founder/CEO, Posture Media, New York
- Debbie Millman, Designer/Host, Design Matters Media, New York
- Stephanie Nadi-Olson, Founder/CEO, We Are Rosie, Atlanta
- Joanna Peña-Bickley, Head of Research and Design, Amazon, New York
- Matthias Storath, CCO, HEIMAT, Berlin
- Keni Thacker, Founder, 100 Roses from Concrete, New York
- Nathan Young, 600 & Rising, Minneapolis
- Shannon Washington, Group ECD, R/GA, New York
- Xanthe Wells, Senior Director/Global ECD, Devices & Services, Google, San Francisco
The NCL 2020 jury also includes 10 members of The One Club National and International Boards of Directors:
- David Baldwin, CEO/Lead Guitar, Baldwin&, Raleigh
- Sonal Dabral, creative consultant, Mumbai
- Greg Hahn, CCO/cofounder, Mischief USA, New York
- Monica Moro, CCO, McCann Spain, Madrid
- Masako Okamura, ECD, Dentsu One Manila
- Tiffany Rolfe, co-CCO, US, R/GA New York
- Götz Ulmer, ECD, Jung von Matt, Hamburg
- Luiz Sanches, Partner & CCO, AlmapBBDO, São Paulo
- Nancy Vonk, Co-Founder & Partner, SWIM, Toronto
- Stéphane Xiberras, President/CCO, BETC Paris
The complete list of NCL 2020 judges from Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mainland China, Costa Rica, Germany, Guatemala, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Kenya, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, UK and US can be viewed here.
For the first time in its five-year history, Next Creative Leaders has expanded its diversity and inclusion remit to accept entries from both women and non-binary creatives, and added regional honors.
Also new for 2020 is the addition of NCL Regional Honors. Along with naming 10 global winners based upon the highest scores from judges, The One Club and The 3% Movement have expanded the program to recognize those in six regions -- North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, MENA, Africa and Europe -- whose work and creative vision the judges feel deserve Regional Honor accolades.
Eligible participants are those who are stepping into leadership roles, including copywriters, art directors, designers, ACDs, newly-promoted creative and design directors with less than one year in the role, and creative teams who are doing game-changing work.
Entrants are judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work, their background and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring and advocacy.
Winners will be selected by a jury of top creatives and diversity advocates, including past Next Creative Leaders winners, and announced at an upcoming joint The One Club for Creativity-The 3% Movement event to be held in the Fall.
About The 3% Movement
Started as a passion project to spotlight a huge business opportunity in advertising -- the lack of female creative leadership and its impact on connecting with an overwhelmingly female marketplace -- the 3% Movement has grown exponentially since its 2012 launch and has hosted events in 22 cities globally. Now moving beyond awareness to activation, the 3% team offers consulting services with agencies and brands to support more diverse leadership and a 3% Certified program that awards those demonstrating true leadership around gender diversity.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.