The One Club Announces Inaugural WITHIN: The In-House Creative Conference
The One Club
Feb 09, 2021
The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost nonprofit organization to support the global creative community, will hold its first WITHIN: The In-House Creative Conference, streaming live March 30-April 1, 2021.
The new conference addresses a void in the market for a forum to examine issues specific to in-house creative teams and cultures. The event is targeted at the universe of in-house creatives, including department and group heads, creative directors, art directors, copywriters and designers.
Confirmed speakers so far who will present under the conference theme “Culture, Capabilities and Teams” include:
- Lydia Baillergeau, creative director, Facebook AI;
- Jean Batthany, VP, global creative, Disney Parks, Experiences + Products, The Walt Disney Company;
- Ez Blaine, executive creative director, ChowNow and leader of The One Club’s ONE School Los Angeles free portfolio program for Black creatives;
- Matthew Bull, chief creative advisor, AB InBev, Kraft Heinz and LiveKindly, board member, Skullcandy;
- Christian Haas, global creative director, Devices & Services, Google;
- Jess Kirkman, executive creative director, Taco Bell;
- Scott Larson, head of creative, Salesforce;
- Dennis Lim, global executive creative director, Cisco Hatch, Cisco;
- Adam Morgan, executive creative director, Adobe;
- Tracy Stallard, global VP, experiential & in-house agency (draftLine), AB InBev;
- Mike Wente, VP, creative marketing & operations, Creative Marketing Group, Verizon.
Additional speakers will be confirmed shortly.
WITHIN: The In-House Creative Conference streams online March 30-April 1, 2021 with three 45-minute sessions, including discussion and Q&A, running 1:00 pm-5:15 pm EST each day. Individual tickets are $299; five-ticket group tickets are $1,200.
Companies have long relied on in-house creative teams to conceive and collaborate on how a brand appears in the marketplace. From the color of product packaging to casting of a web series, the influence of in-house creative teams is on the rise and reflected in store shelf success and industry award recognition.
“But outward success can only come from internal efficiency, agility, innovation and excellence,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “We developed WITHIN to be a unique online conference aimed squarely at the inner dynamics of the very best in-house creative departments, with sessions by some of the most acclaimed brand and marketing leaders. It will be an inside look at the cultures behind the teams who build, maintain and grow a brand's presence in the market.”
WITHIN: The In-House Creative Conference is the latest initiative from The One Club to support the brand-side creative community. This also marks the first year the organization’s two marquee global awards programs — The One Show 2021 and historic ADC 100th Annual Awards — will have standalone disciplines and dedicated juries of peers for in-house creative work.
Entry fees for both shows increase after each deadline period: regular deadline March 12, 2021, extended deadline is March 19, 2021, and final deadline March 26, 2021.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards , Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.