The One Club Announces Jury For 2020 Young Ones Student Awards
The One Club
Jan 10, 2020
The One Club for Creativity has announced the jury for the three competitions within its global 2020 Young Ones Student Awards, which identifies the best young creative talent at colleges around the world in a variety of creative disciplines.
The gender-balanced list of 100+ creatives who will judge this year includes:
- Maite Albuquerque, CD, 72andSunny, Los Angeles
- Kate Baynham, ACD, Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco
- Marina Beldi, ACD, BBH New York
- Rod Berg, director, Talent Acquisition, VF Corporation, New York
- Diane Cook-Tench, founder, CCO, Brandgoodness, Richmond, The One Club Creative Hall of Fame laureate
- Jordan Chlapecka, ACD, VaynerMedia, New York
- Kate Desmarais, CD, Ogilvy Chicago
- Castro Desroches, art director, Droga5 New York
- Stephanie Dials, VP, strategy director, Leo Burnett Chicago
- Amy Ferguson, ECD, TBWA\Chiat Day, New York
- Dafna Garber, CD, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Los Angeles
- Vann Graves, executive director, VCU Brandcenter, Richmond
- Aisha Hakim, senior art director, Venable Bell & Partners, San Francisco
- Chloe Seoyoung Lee, designer, Apple, San Francisco
- Darcy Moore, senior designer, Apple, San Francisco
- Tian It Ng, ECD, Publicis Singapore
- Banks Noel, CD, BBDO New York
- Dahye Ok, visual designer, Accenture, Chicago
- Niv Rozenberg, photo editor, Shutterstock, New York
- Carol Saraiva, CD, Disney, Los Angeles
- Adrianne Smith, global director of Inclusion & Diversity, WPP, New York
- Lee Tan, ECD, McCann Worldgroup Europe, London
- Dave Tupper, experience design manager, Airbnb, San Francisco
- Jennifer Vano, CD, head of verbal design, R/GA New York
- Sherman Winfield, CD, Fitzco, Atlanta
The complete list of 2020 Young Ones judges can be viewed here.
Deadline for all submissions is March 2, 2020. Winners are awarded during the Young Ones Education Festival, held each May during Creative Week in New York.
There are three ways to enter the 2020 Young Ones:
- Young Ones ADC Student Awards offers students the chance to earn a prestigious ADC Cube by competing in the same disciplines and categories as this year’s prestigious ADC 99th Annual Awards.
- Young Ones Brief competition tasks students with creating work for an actual brand for the chance to earn a coveted One Show Pencil. Three new briefs have just been added: Burger King, Frito-Lay and The New York Times. They join previously announced briefs from Miller Genuine Draft, Spotify, The North Face (VF Corporation), Vans (VF Corporation) and +Peace in partnership with MBC Al Amal.
- Young Ones Portfolio competition allows students to submit 6-15 pieces of their work and have it judged by industry professionals.
To qualify for entry, national and international college students must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college program, or other program approved by The One Club's Education Department. Submissions to the competitions are judged based on creativity and originality.
For more information on the 2020 Young Ones Student Awards, please visit https://www.oneclub.org/education/youngones/.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.