Posted: Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for your interest in working with us. We're a family run travel company designing thoughtful products for travellers. Travelling with purpose, empathy, curiosity and adaptability are core to our mission, our company, and our success. These values shape who we are and how we produce and deliver our products.
We're looking for a freelance UI designer with exceptional visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. Portfolio work should demonstrate a strong command of typography, consistency, color and a keen eye for subtle details. Someone who is a great communicator that enjoys working with a small team and is passionate about UI/UX and responsive design.
Your efforts will cover a variety of digital design needs, from concept to creation. Primary focus areas include our company website and marketing channels (e.g. social media, email marketing, landing pages).
- 5+ years' experience creating user interface design in web, mobile-web, and iOS app experiences
- A strong portfolio of work showcasing user experience and visual design for desktop and mobile devices.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present work to executives and large groups.
- Demonstrated understanding of typography, layout, color and userÂ Â experience
- Strong conceptualization and visual design abilities.
- High attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in an iterative, collaborative environment.
- Highly skilled in Photoshop, Sketch and Adobe creative suite.
- Proven experience with Sketch, Adobe Suite, HTML, CSS and current web trends
- Excellent interaction and user interface design skills, including creating wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes in a highly collaborative environment.
- A diverse and outstanding portfolio with work in a variety of styles and media
- A strong knowledge of the digital media industry is preferred
- Previous experience working in e-commerce environment is a plus.
Added Bonus if you have:
- HTML/CSS coding proficiency
- Icon design experience is a plus.
- We are accepting remote candidates. For international candidates,Â you must be available to work a minimum of 4-5 business hours every day in North America.
This is a flexible position open to candidates with varying levels of experience and offering long term growth potential. Compensation and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
To be considered for the role please email the following to email@example.com
- A short, written introduction with insight into who you are and why you want to be a part of the Lo & Sons team.
- Link to your online portfolio
- If team or agency projects are submitted, please point out specific elements you were responsible for
- Updated resume
- Current Location - City & Country.
- Hourly rate
- Hours available per week.
- Please include "Freelance Designer" in the subject header of the email, otherwise emails will be discarded.
No recruiters or placement agencies, thank you.