The One Club Announces Global Juries For ADC 99th Annual Awards
The One Club
Dec 10, 2019
The One Club for Creativity has announced the juries for all 12 disciplines for the ADC 99th Annual Awards, one of the world’s longest-running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
More than 130 highly qualified creatives representing 26 countries will judge work from around the world. In addition to the ADC 99th Annual Awards jury chairs announced in October, the gender-balanced jury includes creative leaders such as:
- Richa Agarwal, social entrepreneur, educator, founder, ShopShoku.com, New York (Fashion Design)
- Khajag Apelian, Debakir, Beirut (Typography)
- Stefan Campbell, founder, ECD, SXSC, New York (Fashion Design)
- Chad Dezern, CCO, Insomniac Games, Chapel Hill (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft)
- Dorothy Di Stefano, director, Molten Immersive Art, Adelaide (Experiential Design)
- Christi du Toit, commercial artist, graphic designer, Cape Town (Illustration)
- Arem Duplessis, GCD, Photography, Apple, San Francisco (Publication Design)
- Malika Favre, illustrator, London (Illustration)
- Guido Heffels, CCO, HEIMAT, Berlin (Advertising)
- Jeremy Hodges, VP, ECD, Jack Morton, Chicago (Experiential Design)
- Satoshi Kohno, art director, Dentsu, Tokyo (Advertising)
- Waterson Lam, founding partner, in50 Design, Beijing (Spatial Design)
- Savanah Leaf, film director, Young Guns 17 winner, New York (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft)
- David Lee, CCO, Squarespace, New York (Interactive)
- Mary Lewis, CD, Lewis Moberly, London (Packaging & Product Design, jury chair)
- Cecilie Larssen Lønning, managing partner, designer, Larssen & Amaral, Haugesund, Norway (Brand/Communication Design)
- Heather Luipold, creative lead, Google Creative Lab, New York (Illustration)
- Emma Miloyo, architect, Design Source, Nairobi (Spatial Design)
- Kabelo Moshapalo, executive director, TBWA Hunt Lascaris, Johannesburg (Interactive)
- Dilys Ng, photo editor, Time Magazine, New York (Photography)
- Toby Ng, CD, Toby Ng Design, Hong Kong (Brand/Communication Design)
- Keir Novesky, design director, GQ, GQ Style, Pitchfork, New York (Publication Design)
- Kristin Eva Olafsdottir, art director, partner, Gagarín, Reykjavík (Interactive)
- Lydia Pang, global design director, Editorial, Nike, Portland (Brand/Communication Design)
- Jody Quon, photography director, New York Magazine, New York (Photography)
- Adina Sales, managing director, Psyop and Blacklist, New York (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft)
- Pooja Saxena, typeface and graphic designer, Matra Type, Delhi (Typography)
- Sophie Schonburg, ECD, Africa, São Paulo (Advertising)
- Maximilian Florian Schöngen, global creative strategist, Serviceplan Group, Hamburg (Brand/Communication Design)
- Duane Serjeant, executive director, experience design, Ernst & Young, Hong Kong (Experiential Design)
- Sayuri Shoji, art and design director, graphic and packaging design, Sayuri Studio, Inc., Tokyo (Packaging & Product Design)
- Maria Smirnova, founder, fashion designer, INSHADE, Moscow (Fashion Design)
- Kwame Taylor-Hayford, cofounder, Kin, Brooklyn (Interactive)
The complete list of all ADC 99th Annual Awards jury members can be viewed here.
“For nearly a century, the ADC Cube has been awarded for work based on excellence in craft, design and innovation,“ said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “This strong tradition is alive and well in the hands of this year’s jury members, who are recognized creative leaders in their fields.”
Tiered pricing structure
This year’s competition marks the continuation of a tiered pricing system designed to make it easier for smaller studios, agencies and freelancers to participate in the ADC Annual Awards.
The fee structure varies depending on whether the submitting firm is a design studio or ad agency. Design studios with between 2-20 employees get a discount (amount varies by discipline), while ad agencies with between 2-50 employees qualify for the tiered pricing discount. Freelance creatives and one-person shops in either design or advertising are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
ADC Freelancer of the Year Award
The ADC Annual Awards enhances its support for freelancers this year with the recently announced new partnership with creative hiring platform Working Not Working and launch of the ADC Freelancer of the Year Award.
All ADC 99th Annual Awards Gold Cube-winning entries submitted through the freelance level of the show’s tiered pricing system will be judged again by a separate jury that includes the Working Not Working community. This jury will determine the top freelance winner, who will receive the new honor at the ADC 99th Annual Awards during Creative Week in New York in May, 2020.
For more information on the ADC 99th Annual Awards, please visit http://www.adcawards.org.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.