Emerging Directors Showcase Announces Winners
The One Club
Nov 07, 2013
The One Club, producers of the prestigious One Show Awards, in partnership with thinkLA, announced today the winners for the 2013 Emerging Directors Showcase, a competition celebrating the best directors in the early stages of their careers. Hundreds of emerging directors from 13 countries entered the inaugural competition.
Seven winners emerged, following a round of judging conducted by an accomplished jury of directors, including Man of Steel director, Zack Snyder. The winners are as follows:
• Isaiah Seret won in the Broadcast category for “Take the Stage.” Client: Adidas; agency: Sid Lee; production company: PRETTYBIRD.
• Brandon LaGanke won in the Web Video/Film category for “A Ticket to Visit Mum.” Client: British Airways; agency: Ogilvy New York; production companies: US: Eyepatch NY, India: Little Lamb Films.
• John X. Carey won in the Branded Short Films category for “Real Beauty Sketches.” Client: Dove; agency: Ogilvy Sao Paolo; production company: Tool of North America.
• Alec Helm won in the PSA Category for “Kenya Bucket List.” Client: Water is Life; agency: DDB New York; production company: Tool of North America.
• Corydon Wagner won in the Spec Commercial category for “Capture the Wind.” Client: GE; freelance.
• AG Rojas won in the Artistic Film category for “Hey Jane.” Client: Spiritualized; record labels: Fat Possum, Double Six, Domino; production company: Caviar Content.
• Denis Parchow won in the Student Film category for “Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark.” Client: Steiff; student at Filmakademie Baden-Wuerttemberg.
“We were very impressed with the quality of entrants for the Emerging Directors Showcase,” said Michael Nadeau, Managing Director of The One Club West. “The one thread that ran through all of the winning work, across all categories, whether the piece was commissioned or non-commissioned, for a brand or an artistic endeavor, was a deep understanding of what resonates with audiences on a visceral level.”
“In our first year, we are honored to have such amazing storytellers submit their work for entry into the Emerging Directors Showcase,” said Patrick O’Neill, Executive Creative Director of TBWA\CHIAT\DAY / Los Angeles and Jury Chair for the Emerging Directors Showcase. “I'm speaking on behalf of the jury when I say that we are proud to be a part of finding the next generation of directors.”
Winners were announced at 20th Century Fox Studios on West Pico Boulevard in Los Angeles. Visit www.emergingdirectors.org for more information.