New York / August 20 - 23, 2018
Hosted by Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum
Challenge yourself to embrace the things that make us human.
Join us as The One Club for Creativity and Microsoft host a four-day workshop using the Inclusive Design process at Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum. You'll create a concept for a tech solution that embraces the spectrum of human capabilities, radically refining the way we build and enable adaptive systems. You'll use empathy, open-mindedness, problem-framing, and real-world insights to co-create with students from the New York area. This is a design challenge that also culminates in a marketing campaign for the solution you create.
This Microsoft Boot Camp differs from other Creative Boot Camps presented by The One Club, in that it greatly expands on the disciplines of the individuals that usually take part. This time, we're also looking for students who excel in:
- Coding/Software Engineering
- Interior design
- Data Analytics
- Product design
All Boot Camp applicants must:
- Have valid identification
- Be at least 16 years old at the time of submission
- Be enrolled full-time in an accredited academic institution (e.g. Community College, College or University) and in their junior or senior year. Very high achieving sophomores and recent college graduates within two years are also encouraged to apply
- Have an interest in Design, Technology, or Advertising
- Some experience in Adobe Creative Suite or other Design programs
In addition, applicants must also record a one-minute video of themselves, sharing a bit about their background and why they should be chosen for this particular challenge.
Successful applicants will be placed into curated, diverse teams of 3-4 students. A group of judges will award the first-place team with informational interviews at Microsoft and a sponsoring agency for an internship or entry-level position.
LEADING THE CHARGE
Adrienne Lucas - Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
If you have any questions about The Young Ones Competition, or any Education department programs, please contact Adrienne at firstname.lastname@example.org