ONE TO ONE - EDUCATION
One to One is an education program combining classroom learning with real-world experience. We believe this is the best way to arm students with the skills they need for a lasting career in the design and advertising industry. Together, we’ll help students make the most of their unique sets of creative talents.
One to One resources include:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Portfolio Reviews
- Networking Events
- College Mentor Program
- Additional Student-Focused Events
The One Club for Creativity Denver’s college mentor program matches local advertising and communications students with industry professionals in order to give them valuable, real-world advice to help them get their proverbial foot in the door.
And never before have students entering the (very challenging) job market needed a little help to get their careers going in the right direction.
The most important facet of the program is the one-to-one interactions that it is able to offer. This portion remains unchanged. But we have made some other adjustments that we hope will better fit the times and both mentors’ and students’ schedules.
- All meetings will be conducted through Google Meet.
- We are only going to make one meeting mandatory. Should mentor and student wish to continue to have meetings, that’s great, and we definitely encourage it.
- Because we are going remote, we are able to open the program to all registered communications students in the general Rocky Mountain vicinity.
- Students will have to submit at least 4 questions for a potential mentor in their application. An application WILL NOT be considered if the student hasn't filled out the four questions.
- We will share these questions with the mentor when we make the matches. That way, mentors will have a good idea of what their student may want to frame the discussion around. These could be about possible career options/paths/roles. How the mentor got into the business. What can help to make a student portfolio stand-out. Or other related questions.
- We are also looking at setting-up the Google Meet calls for you - to make it as simple as possible for both mentor and student. And to make sure that the meeting is going to happen. You will receive more information on this when the matches are made.
STUDENT APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FALL IS: OCTOBER 9, 2020
The One Club Denver and Denver Ad School have teamed up to give students real feedback from real agency pros in a new kind of portfolio review unlike any other. You’ll feel what it’s like to present your work in an agency setting, identify what’s working, what could be improved, and get actionable insights on how to make those changes right there in the room. Plus, at the end of the event we’ll give away cash prizes for Best Copywriting, Best Design, and Best Idea.
It’s a crash course in the creative process that will get your portfolio looking smarter and better than it ever has before.
EVENT DETAILS: TBD, Spring 2021
THE YOUNG ONES STUDENT AWARDS
The Young Ones Student Awards is one of the most acclaimed competitive showcases for advertising, digital communication, and design students. There are three different ways to win: The Young Ones Brief, The Young Ones ADC, The Young Ones Portfolio.
You have your whole creative career ahead of you, with many accolades to win. Enter the Young Ones Student Awards and emerge from the crowd!