The One Club and The 3% Movement Announce Diverse Global Jury for Next Creative Leaders 2021
The One Club
Jul 15, 2021
The One Club for Creativity and The 3% Movement have announced the diverse global jury for their jointly run Next Creative Leaders 2021, a free competition recognizing women and non-binary creatives on the rise both globally and by region.
The competition is free to submit, and the deadline for entry has been extended to July 30, 2021.
A highlight of the 60 jurors for this year’s NCL includes:
- Mariana Albuquerque, Global Creative Director, MediaMonks São Paulo
- Emily Berger, Senior Creative, Mojo Supermarket New York
- Sarah Berro, Associate Creative Director, Impact BBDO Dubai
- Ergin Binyildiz, Chief Creative Officer, Havas Turkey Istanbul
- Paula Bloodworth, Global Group Strategy Director, Wieden+Kennedy Portland
- Tescia Deak, Creative Director, TBWA\Chiat Day Los Angeles
- CJ Fiala, Content Director, Hue & Cry London
- Elma Karabegovic, Associate Creative Director, FCB Toronto
- Niclas Kristiansson, Executive Creative Director, Reaktor Helsinki
- Belén Márquez, Global ACD / Art Director, WhatsApp - Creative X, Facebook New York
- Hira Mohibullah, Executive Creative Director, BBDO Pakistan Lahore
- Erika Moreira, Copywriter, AKQA São Paulo
- Sam Nii Adjaidoo, Co-Founder, Institute of Design and Synergistics Kumasi (Ghana)
- Max Ngari, Executive Creative Director, Dentsu Kenya Nairobi
- Neema Nouse, Copywriter, The Odd Number Johannesburg
- Malcolm Poynton, Global Chief Creative Officer, Cheil Worldwide London
- John Raul Forero, President/CCO, DDB Colombia Bogotá
- Tara Sahu, Director of Integrated Marketing Content, Coca-Cola Atlanta
- Kazoo Sato, Chief Creative Officer, TBWA\Hakuhodo Tokyo
- Dawid Szczepaniak, CCO, VMLY&R Poland Warsaw
The complete list of NCL 2021 judges can be viewed here.
Now in its seventh year, Next Creative Leaders is a free portfolio competition that identifies, celebrates and gives a global platform to talented women and non-binary creatives who are making their mark on the world with both their work and a unique point of view on creative leadership that’s changing the industry for the better.
Along with naming 10 global winners based upon the highest scores from judges, The One Club and The 3% Movement also analyze the next level of highest scoring entrants to recognize those in various regions who may have scored just below the winning level, and whose work and creative vision the judges feel deserve honorable mention accolades.
Eligible participants are those who are stepping into leadership roles, including copywriters, art directors, designers, ACDs, newly-promoted creative and design directors with less than one year in the role, and creative teams who are doing game-changing work.
Entries highlighting a candidate’s creativity, leadership and unique point of view must be submitted by the extended July 30, 2021 deadline. To make Next Creative Leaders as open and accessible as possible, there is no fee to enter.
Entrants are judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work, their background and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring and advocacy.
Winners will be selected by a jury of top creatives and diversity advocates, including past Next Creative Leaders winners, and announced at the 10th annual The 3% Conference to be held in Atlanta on November 2-3, 2021.
Past NCL winners include Jessica Coulter, director, O Positive Films; Dafna Garber, CD, TBWA\Media Arts Lab; Neisha Tweed, head of health creative, Creative Shop, Facebook and Instagram; Bianca Guimaraes, ECS, Mischief New York; Ola Sobiecki, director, global brand creative, Nike; Nedal Ahmed, senior copywriter, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam; Gayatri Sriram, digital marketing manager - India and SEA, Bacardi; and Marie-Claire Maalouf, CD, Impact BBDO Dubai and others. A list of all previous NCL winners can be viewed here.
Each NCL winner receives a one-year complimentary individual membership with The One Club with opportunities to participate in future One Club awards juries, and complimentary tickets to a One Club professional development conference ($1,000+ value), panels and mentorship events.
Winners receive a complimentary ticket to The 3% Conference and a potential opportunity to speak on the annual Next Creative Leaders panel.
Winners also each get a dedicated article and winning work showcase on The One Club website, promotion on both The 3% Movement and The One Club social channels, invitation to be a part of the 2022 Next Creative Leaders Jury, and a special feature on the InVisible Creatives website and Instagram account.
Branding for Next Creative Leaders 2021 was designed by NCL 2020 winner Elma Karabegovic, with font designer Zacchary Dempsey-Plante.
About The 3% Movement
Started as a passion project to spotlight a huge business opportunity in advertising -- the lack of female creative leadership and its impact on connecting with an overwhelmingly female marketplace -- the 3% Movement has grown exponentially since its 2012 launch and has hosted events in 26 cities globally. Now moving beyond awareness to activation, the 3% team offers consulting services with agencies and brands to support more diverse leadership and a 3% Certified program that awards those demonstrating true leadership around gender diversity.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Type Directors Club Communication Design and Typeface Design awards, Young Guns and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. Established in 1921, the global ADC Annual Awards is the world’s longest continuously running creative award for advertising and design, honoring excellence in craft, design and innovation. Creative Week takes place in June, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.