The One Club for Creativity Announces Young Guns 17 Winners
The One Club
Nov 04, 2019
The One Club for Creativity, the world's foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design, has announced the 28 winners hailing from 18 countries for the prestigious Young Guns 17 competition, celebrating creative professionals age 30 or younger.
Young Guns is the industry’s only international, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies today’s vanguard of young creatives. Submissions were received from more than 45 countries and judged by 61 top creatives from around the world, about half of whom are past Young Guns winners.
Young Guns 17 winners, and the disciplines they are recognized in, are:
- Au Chon Hin and Si NgaIan (awarded as a design team), Untitled Macao, Macao, China (Graphic Design).
- Marcus Armitage, animation director, Studio AKA, London, UK (Animation);
- Evelyn Bencicova, photographer, art director, independent, Berlin, Germany (originally from Bratislava, Slovakia; Photography);
- Northy Chen, designer, artist, independent, New York, NY, USA (originally from Zhoushan, China; Industrial & Product Design);
- Mah Ferraz, film editor, independent, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil; Film);
- Conner Griffith, filmmaker/editor, Media Arts Lab, Los Angeles, CA, USA (Advertising);
- Julien Hebert, graphic designer, Principal, Montréal, Québec, Canada (Graphic Design);
- Joyce N. Ho, art director, independent, New York, NY USA (born in Hong Kong, raised in Brisbane, Australia; Animation);
- Steph Hope, animator/illustrator, independent, Oslo, Norway (originally from Didcot, UK; Film);
- Femke Huurdeman, film director, independent, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Film);
- Alexis Jamet, designer, independent, Paris, France (Animation);
- Kevin Krautgartner, architecture & landscape photographer, independent, Wuppertal, Germany (Photography);
- Niclas Larsson, filmmaker, independent, Stockholm, Sweden (Film);
- Amos Le Blanc, director, Dream, Inc., Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Film);
- Savanah Leaf, film director, Doomsday Entertainment, New York, NY USA (originally from London, UK; Film);
- Max Loeffler, illustrator/graphic designer, independent, Aschaffenburg, Germany (Illustration);
- Caitlin McCarthy, director, Strange Beast, London, UK (Animation);
- Leo Porto, designer, Porto Rocha, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from São Paulo, Brazil; Graphic Design);
- Andres Reisinger, multidisciplinary designer, Reisinger Studio, Barcelona, Spain (originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina; Architecture, Environmental & Interior Design)
- Roberts Rurans, illustrator, independent, Riga, Latvia (Illustration);
- Chloe Scheffe, designer, Here Magazine (Away), New York, NY, USA (Graphic Design);
- Tré Seals, owner, designer, Studio Seals, Vocal Type Co., Accokeek, MD, USA (Typography & Lettering);
- Simón Sepúlveda Braithwaite, creative director, freelance, Santiago, Chile (Graphic Design);
- Kenta Shinohara, stop motion animator, dwarf studio TYO Inc., Tokyo, Japan (Animation);
- Alva Skog, illustrator, independent, London, UK (originally from Stockholm, Sweden; Illustration);
- India Sleem, director/photographer, India Sleem Studios, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Manchester, UK; Film);
- Sekani Solomon, senior motion designer, Node Motion Design, New York, NY, USA (originally from Trinidad and Tobago; Animation);
- Sandra Winther, film director, independent, New York, NY, USA (originally from Copenhagen, Denmark; Film);
Information about each Young Guns 17 winner, with examples of their work and links to personal websites, can be viewed here.
This year’s winners will be recognized at the Young Guns 17 celebration and party on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at Sony Hall, 235 West 46th St. in New York. The evening will be hosted by Rich Tu, VP of Digital Design at MTV, VH1, CMT and Logo, host of the "First Generation Burden" podcast, and himself a Young Guns 8 winner from 2010.
The One Club is also holding the Young Guns 17 Creative Choice Award, where the global creative community at large can explore the work of Young Guns 17 winners and vote on which one they believe stands above all others. Voting is now open at here through November 19, 2019, 11:59 pm, with the winner announced at the Young Guns 17 awards ceremony.
For the sixth consecutive year, international artists management agency and Young Guns sponsor Levine/Leavitt will also announce their Artist-In-Residence winner at the November 20 event. The honor is presented each year to the newly crowned Young Gun whose body of work stands out from even their fellow winners, as selected by a special advisory board of industry professionals across a range of disciplines. Recipients of the Artist-In-Residence Award receive a full year of professional management, guidance and mentorship from Levine/Leavitt.
Young Guns 17 is made possible in part through the generous support of official sponsors Hey, Levine/Leavitt and Shutterstock, and supporting sponsors BBDO, FCB, House of Suntory, Media Monks, Publicis Health, OUTFRONT and Workbook.
"The next generation of creatives consistently energize and inspire us with their excellent creative work," said Mike McCabe, vice president, creative at Shutterstock. "It's an honor to shine a spotlight on the Young Guns and Shutterstock is proud to support and celebrate The One Club's global creative community, through our long-standing partnership."
Young Guns 17 winners receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, designed exclusively for this year’s incoming class, and have their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website. Winners also receive a complimentary one-year membership to The One Club for Creativity, permanent membership in Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.
Program branding and design of the Cube award is recreated each year by a past Young Gun winner. This year’s YG17 branding and Cube award are designed by Hey, Barcelona, founded by Verònica Fuerte (YG7).
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.