Top Creatives from 36 Countries to Judge Historic ADC 100th Annual Awards
The One Club
Jan 19, 2021
The One Club for Creativity has announced the leading creatives from 36 countries who will serve on its most diverse jury ever for the historic ADC 100th Annual Awards, one of the world’s longest running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
The nearly 180 highly-qualified creatives will judge the best work from around the world. A sampling of this year’s jurors from various regions includes:
- Zoe Ikin, design director, Alt Group, Auckland (Brand/Communication Design)
- Nicola Mansfield, managing director, Interbrand Australia, Sydney (Experiential Design)
- Paul Middleditch, director, Merman, New York/Los Angeles/London, and PLAZA, Sydney (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft, chair)
- Manabu Mizuno, CD/CEO, Good Design Company, Tokyo (Typography)
- Lucy Novita, ECD, Leo Burnett Group Indonesia, Jakarta (Advertising)
- Tania Singh Khosla, founder/CD, TSK Design, Bangalore (Brand/Communication Design)
- Xiaowei Zhang, head of design/CD/partner, Blackbow/33 and Branding, Beijing (Packaging & Product Design)
- Olivier Apers, VP/ECD, BETC, Paris (Interactive)
- Ann Chen, global head of design & visual identity, Johnny Walker & Scotch Portfolio, Diageo, Amsterdam (In-House)
- Holgers Elers, CDO/creative lead/partner, Design studio H2E, Riga (Experiential Design)
- Björn Engström, copywriter, senior partner, Forsman & Bodenfors, Gothenburg (Advertising)
- Saskia Marka, title designer, Berlin (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft)
- Nick Pringle, SVP, ECD, R/GA, London (Interactive)
- Matthias Schmidt, CCO, antoni GmbH, Berlin (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft)
- Josefina Bunster, director/cofounder, DEO, Santiago (Packaging & Product Design)
- Fernanda Gonzalez, experience design director, MediaMonks, México City (Experiential Design)
- Samia Jacintho, partner/CD/designer, Casa Rex, São Paulo (Publication Design)
- Christian Benimana, senior principal/managing director, MASS Design Group & Director, African Design Centre, MASS Design Group, Kigali (Rwanda) (Spatial Design)
- Hermann Kamte, founder/CEO/CD, HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates, Yaoundé (Cameroon) (Spatial Design)
- Neo Mashigo, CCO, M&C Saatchi Abel, Johannesburg (Advertising)
- Danit Peleg, 3D printed fashion designer/researcher, Danit Peleg 3D, Tel Aviv (Fashion Design)
- Marilou Aubin, partner/ECD, lg2, Montreal (Advertising)
- Stefan Campbell, founder/ECD, SXSC, New York (Fashion Design, chair)
- Stewart Devlin, EVP, director of design innovation, BBDO, New York (Brand/Communication Design)
- Dominique Jones, founder, Black & Brown Book Designers; designer, Penguin Random House, New York (Publication Design)
- Laci Jordan, multidisciplinary artist, SLL Studios, Los Angeles (Illustration)
- Robyn Kanner, CD, 59th Presidential Inaugural Committee, Washington, DC/New York (Typography)
- Lyne Lucien, senior photo editor, The Daily Beast, photo editor, New York magazine, Brooklyn (Photography)
- Kristian Manchester, global ECD, Sid Lee, Montréal (Interactive)
- Mary Ellen Matthews, photographer, New York (Photography, chair)
- Kylie Matulick, director/cofounder, Psyop, Los Angeles (Motion/Film/Gaming Craft)
- Claran McCarthy, senior director, head of creative, EA Games, Electronic Arts. Redwood Shores (In-House)
- Chuck Monn, ECD, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Los Angeles (Advertising)
- Murtaza Nemat Ali, ECD, design platform, Walmart, Chicago (Experiential Design)
- Stephanie Shunk, principal/design director, Gensler, New York (Spatial Design)
- Andre Wagner, photographer, Brooklyn (Photography)
“For the past century, the ADC Cube has been awarded for the world’s best work based on excellence in craft, design and innovation,“ said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “This strong tradition continues today in the hands of this year’s jury members, who are recognized creative leaders in their fields.”
Entries can be submitted now, with fees increasing after each deadline period. Regular deadline is March 12, 2021, with extended deadline is March 19, 2021, and final deadline March 26, 2021. All judging will take place online. No physical entries will be accepted this year, eliminating shipping costs for entrants.
A special tiered pricing structure makes it easier for smaller agencies, studios and freelancers to participate in the ADC 100th Annual Awards. Larger agencies and brands pay the standard entry fee; smaller shops get a discount on entries (amount varies by discipline) and freelance creatives and one-person shops are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
The One Club will for the second year partner with creative community Working Not Working on the ADC Freelancer of the Year award and content collaboration.
New for this year are the ADC In-House Design discipline and reduced pricing for personal/unpublished work in Fashion Design, Motion/Film/Gaming Craft, Photography, Illustration and Typography.
The ADC Annual Awards is the world’s longest continuously-running awards program recognizing global excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of advertising and design. This year presents creatives from around the world with the opportunity to be part of history by winning a coveted ADC Cube in the show’s 100th awards season.
Under the “Once in a Century” theme, this season’s program is promoted by a rare look at a series of ADC Annual Awards call for entry posters from throughout the past century, created by some of the world’s most legendary designers and creative agencies. The showcase is part of the year-long ADC100 centennial celebration, developed by creative studio C&G Partners, New York.
The One Club awards shows each have their distinct focus. ADC Annual Awards juries champion excellence in craft, design and innovation; The One Show judges focus on creativity of ideas and quality of execution; the Type Directors Club TDC67 Communication Design and 24TDC Typeface Design competitions celebrate brilliance in how letterforms are used and designed.
Unlike for-profit awards shows such as Cannes and others, The One Club is a non-profit organization that puts revenue generated from awards entries back into the industry in the form of programs under its four pillars: Educations, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality and Professional Development.
These programs include the annual Where Are All The Black People diversity conference and career fair, ONE School free portfolio program for Black creatives, Creative Boot Camps for diverse college students, Right the Ratio Summits addressing gender equality, 2nd Skill to train traditional creatives on UX, UI and content strategy to upskill and future-proof them for the second creative career, Global Educators Summits, Creative Leaders Retreats, mentorship programs for more than 200 young creatives each year, bi-annual Saturday Career Workshops for high school students, and more.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.