The One Club and 3% Movement Announce Top-10 and Regional Winners for Next Creative Leaders 2020
The One Club
Oct 29, 2020
Talented women creatives from 12 countries have been announced as Top-10 and Regional winners for Next Creative Leaders 2020, run jointly by The One Club for Creativity and The 3% Movement.
Next Creative Leaders (NCL) is a portfolio competition that identifies, celebrates and gives a global platform to talented women and non-binary creatives who are making their mark on the world with both their work and a unique point of view on creative leadership that’s changing the industry for the better.
The Top-10 highest scoring winners for 2020, as selected by a diverse jury of 88 creatives from 25 countries, are (listed alphabetically):
- Astrid Andujar, art director, Droga5, New York
- Fatima Ansari, copywriter, BBDO Pakistan, Lahore
- Sarah Berro, associate creative director, Impact BBDO, Dubai
- Marina Erthal, creative director, CUBOCC, São Paulo
- Lauren Ferreira, creative director, Droga5, New York
- Lauren Haberfield, associate creative director, BETC, Paris
- Elma Karabegovic, associate creative director, FCB Toronto
- Chloe Saintilan, associate creative director, R/GA, New York
- Imen Soltani, copywriter, TBWA\Media Arts Lab, Los Angeles
- Sara Uhelski, copywriter, freelance, San Francisco
New for 2020 is the addition of NCL Regional honors to recognize those on a regional level whose work and creative vision the judges feel deserves accolades.
NCL 2020 Regional winners are as follows:
- Haylie Craig, senior art director, Colenso BBDO, Auckland
- Alex Xu, copywriter, Wieden+Kennedy Shanghai
- Anyaa Dev, art director, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam
- Nian He, art director, Grabarz & Partners, Hamburg
- Teresa Verde Pinho, copywriter, and Mariana Reis, art director (team), Ogilvy Paris
- Antoinette Ribas, art director, Ogilvy Social Labs Brussels
- Mariana Albuquerque, senior copywriter, Rothco, part of Accenture Interactive, Dublin (originally from Brasilia)
- Erika Moreira, copywriter, AKQA, São Paulo
- Emily Berger, senior creative, Mojo Supermarket, New York
- Marybeth Ledesma, creative director, Droga5, New York
- Belén Márquez, global associate creative director/art director, WhatsApp - Creative X, Facebook, San Francisco
- Nellie Santee, senior copywriter, DAVID, Miami
- Malika Reid, art director, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco
- Bongiwe Neema Nouse, copywriter, The Odd Number, Johannesburg
NCL recognizes those who are stepping into leadership roles. Entrants were judged on four-to-six pieces of creative work, their background and information about how they — and their work — are pushing the industry forward and making a positive contribution in terms of diversity, mentoring and advocacy. To make Next Creative Leaders as open and accessible as possible, there is no fee to enter the competition.
About The 3% Movement
Started as a passion project to spotlight a huge business opportunity in advertising -- the lack of female creative leadership and its impact on connecting with an overwhelmingly female marketplace -- the 3% Movement has grown exponentially since its 2012 launch and has hosted events in 27 cities globally. Now moving beyond awareness to activation, the 3% team offers consulting services with agencies and brands to support more diverse leadership and a 3% Certified program that awards those demonstrating true leadership around gender diversity.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing, focusing on the creativity of ideas and quality of execution. The global ADC Annual Awards honors creative excellence in craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York every May, and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.